As a part of my learn vSphere from Scratch video training, I have just released my latest lesson “Learn VMware vSphere resource management”, unlike other lessons in the series which were focused solely on someone learning vSphere from scratch, this lesson can be useful to more versed vSphere admins as well any one starting from scratch. This lesson cover the following topics in a great details:
– Learn about virtual machine autonomy.
– How does VMware vSphere Manage its resources?
– How is resource scheduling in vSphere work?
– How does Virtual Machines resource allocation, limit, & reservation work?
– How does ESXi host manage CPU & Memory over commitment?
– Learn more about ESXi extensive memory management techniques such as TPS (Transparent page sharing, ballooning, & swaping)
– What is memory compression?
– Find out what a VM is made of, & learn more about the files that make up a VM.
– What the type of Virtual Machines disks VMware ESXi support, & when to use each format?
– What is a snapshot, what to use it for, & how to use it?
– Learn how to manage virtual machines in the vSphere interface.
– Learn what each of the virtual machines setting mean & what is it used for.… Read More