While many of you are aware that the VMware View PCoIP Client for Mac has been released mid march, I have not got to test it earlier as I was busy with my VCDX as well few vCloud Projects. Actually as a Mac user I were looking for this for a while, & now got the time to try it and it work just great. This has removed one task that I needed Windows for. Many of you might know that at VMware we use VMware View 5 to access our lab systems to test products and train our self on new products. Having to fire up a virtual machine and go through that to access our VMware View lab was quite painful & I am really glad the VMware View 5 Client for Mac now support PCoIP as there is no comparison between it and RDP specially over WAN connection.
In this post, I will document how to download and install the VMware View PCoIP Client for Mac & my experience with it. Though before we start let’s look at what the new PCoIP client for Mac offer as of version 1.5.0.
Features In the VMware View Client for Mac OS X
- Support for Intel-based Macs
- PCoIP protocol optimized for VMware View 5
- Full screen support for Mac OS X Lion users
- Copy and Paste plain text between View 4.x virtual machines and Mac
- Copy and Paste text, formatted text, and graphics between View 5.x virtual machines and Mac
- Support optional RSA authentication
- Enhanced certificate checking
- Add up to 4 VMware View server shortcuts in VMware View Client
- RDP support with Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Connection software
OK!… Read More