Log-structured File System:
• VAAI UNMAP command implemented.
• Internal structures changed to ensure compatibility with upcoming updates.
• Improvements made for operations with VSS providers.
• Optimizations and fixes for cache operation added.
• WB mode for L2 cache returned.
• Added VSS support for devices with synchronous replication.
• NAS Configurator utility helps to export storage as SMB or NFS network share by means of StarWind High Availability and MS Cluster
• VSA Builder utility deploys StarWind VSA virtual machine on VMWare ESXi server.
• V2V Converter utility added to StarWind Management console. It is a V2V conversion tool for virtual machines.You can use it to convert VMDK to VHD files and VHD to VMDK as well as to IMG file, which is a native StarWind format.
• Scale-out functionality extended: updates for device views and device tree.
• Fix for file naming: now wizard generates header file name and image file name for L2 cache storage according with device header file name.
• Fixed bug connected with the creation of new folder in file browser.
For more information on the all New StarWind SAN V8, please check out: StarWind V8 RC is here