With the continuous exponential growth of logs in the datacenter, it getting close to impossible to consume them the traditional way. This is no difference in a virtualized environment, where you have the logs for vCenter, ESXi hosts, virtual machines, OS of the VMs, Application logs, & so on. To help admins better digest and better utilize logs, VMware has released VMware vCenter Log Insight.
VMware vCenter log Insight will help admins better digest logs through an easy to use and customize GUI interface. What make vCenter Log insight great for virtualized vSphere environments, that it has special vSphere dashboard that can make utilizing your vSphere environment logs much easier than ever been possible. The nice thing about the product that it does not stop at vSphere, but it can be utilize with almost any product that generate logs. In addition, many product packs are being created to increase its usability with products outside the vSphere family. The below video should give you a good indication of what you can do with the product:
The below video demonstrate how to install vCenter Log Insight:
Even more the product is being further enhanced, & the below features were added in VMware vCenter Log Insight 1.5 TP2:
- Content Gallery – As we continue to expand our content pack coverage to security, Networking, Compute and Storage, we have introduced a new way to Import, Export, Share and Manage Content packs for both administrators and users.
- Active Directory – Log Insight is now fully integrated with Active Directory including support for users, groups, profiles and roles.
- Light speed response – Self tuning, predictive analytics engine that ensure immediate response to queries and dashboards even as the data sets grows beyond the terabyte mark..
- In-Place upgrade – Log insight now supports in place upgrade from 1.0 GA and from previous technical previews, enabling seamless adoption of new functionality as it becomes available to our technical preview program embers without impact on the production or test environment.
- Intuitive and self-managed – Featuring a redesigned self-monitoring and archive tracking interface, vSphere integration wizard and enhanced query auto complete.
You can as well check out the below video of VMware vCenter Log Insight 1.5 TP2 to learn about the new features being added to the product:
To download VMware vCenter Log Insight 1.5 TP2, please visit: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=STRATA15TP2
To learn more about VMware vCenter Log Insight, please visit: http://www.vmware.com/products/vcenter-log-insight/