VMware has just announced vCloud Hybrid Service vSphere Client Plug-in which will help VMware customers manage their VMs in VMware Hybrid Service the same way they manage their vSphere environment right from inside their vSphere Client (Only Web Client as you would guessed), which should increase administrators efficiency and reduce the time of learning a new interface as they will get to use the vSphere familiar interface to manage their VMs in the Cloud. vSphere Client will be your single pane of glass to VMs running in your datacenter and in VMware Hybrid Service. This is such a great achievement and will complement VMware Hybrid Cloud story.
vCloud Hybrid Service vSphere Client plug-in extends the familiar vSphere Web Client UI to vCloud Hybrid Service. With the vCHS plugin, from within the vSphere Client, customers can:
- View and administer Dedicated Cloud and Virtual Private Cloud instances on vCHS
- Browse, create and modify each cloud instance and manage its inventory of virtual data centers, gateways, and networks
- Deploy virtual machines using catalog templates and modify existing VMs
- Receive automatic updates on any changes made to their account via vCHS web portal
- vSphere Web Client 5.5 (No C+ Client)
- vCloud Hybrid Service account with VPC or Dedicated cloud
- Compatible Browsers:
- Windows: Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer
- Mac: Chrome and Safari (VMs Console Access does not work on Mac)
- Linux: Firefox and Chrome
- vCloud Hybrid Service vSphere Client Plug-in Installation
- Connecting to vCHS using vCHS vSphere Client Plug-in
- vCHS vSphere Client Plug-in Features
Enjoy the new enhanced Experience of VMware vCloud Hybrid Service!