I have been reading all over the place about virtualization products. A lot of posts discuss VM ware VI3 & many others discuss Xen or HyperV, but I don’t see many talk about virtualcenter. As I have been using VM ware VI3 & vm ware Virtual server for a while now I can tell you virtualcenter is the most distinguished part of their offering. What struck me the most that vm ware started offering VirtualCenter for their free vm ware virtual server which seems a lot of people are ignoring and not even aware of. In this article I will talk about how useful is it to obtain virtualcenter for VMware server.
VirtualCenter in my opinion is the industry leader for managing virtual environments. VirtualCenter for vm ware server is an extension of the VirtualCenter product line for VM ware VI with new support for VMware Server. With VirtualCenter , VMware Server users access the powerful centralized management that was previously only available with ESX Server or GSX Server.
Benefits of VirtualCenter for VMware Server:
- Get full support for advanced features of VMware Server, such as the ability to create templates and virtual machines and 64-bit SMP
- Make the provisioning of new virtual machines in minutes with a centralized management
- Make the easy transition from GSX Server to VMware Server using “drag and drop” for the migration of virtual machines
Centralized Management with VirtualCenter includes the following:
- Single view of the inventory of virtual machines
- Create and set up virtual machines
- Templates and centralized repository of templates
- Detailed graphics and performance monitoring system availability
- Automated notifications and alerts by e-mail
- Integration with Active Directory and model of explicit permissions for a simple user management
- Monitor System Availability and Performance
- Automate operations through task scheduling and alerting to help improve responsiveness to business needs and prioritize actions needing the most urgent attention.
Due to all of the above benefits virtualcenter for vm ware server is almost a must. You can obtain a
virtualcenter evaluation copy from here further more for virtualcenter detailed specifications and system
requirements can be find here.
If you have tried virtualcenter for vm ware server based on my recommendation or prior to it. Please leave a comment of your thought to share it with others. Thanks
I would like to thank Codero for sponsoring this post without interacting with its original contents: [Choose efficient dedicated server for your virtualization and managed hosting needs available at Codero.com.]