At the current economy, it seems good free tools are just getting to be more and more popular. SolarWinds have released quite few useful ones lately & I thought I will list them below for the benefits of my readers who is hunting for such free tools:
SolarWinds Free VM Console
The SolarWinds Free VM Console enables you to bounce your virtual machines without ever logging into VMware Plus, you can track up/down status, take snapshots, and restart VMs even if you are not a VMware administrator. Be a VM superhero with the ability to:
- Shutdown & restart VMs without logging into vCenter or vSphere
- Take snapshots of your VMs before bouncing them
- Get end-to-end visibility into your VMware environment from vCenter through ESX hosts to VM guests
- Track the up/down status of your VMs without logging into VMware apps
SolarWinds Free Storage Response Time Monitor
SolarWinds Storage Response Time Monitor makes keeping track of your storage response times and latency issues easier than ever!
- Get at-a-glance insight into the host to datastore connections with the worst response times and the busiest VMs using those connections
- See a breakdown of the datastore including type and device versus kernel latency
SolarWinds FREE Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor
SolarWinds Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor makes it easy to keep a close eye on a troublesome interface and monitors the bandwidth usage in real-time!
- Poll bandwidth usage in intervals as frequent as half a second
- Monitor multiple interfaces simultaneously
- View interface bandwidth usage in an easy-to-understand graph
SolarWinds FREE VM-to-Cloud Calculator
SolarWinds FREE VM-to-Cloud Calculator quickly discovers all of your virtual machines and estimates what it would cost to move them to the cloud. Get estimates for Amazon EC2™, Windows® Azure™, and Rackspace Cloud Servers™.
- Automatically inventory your virtual machines and capture description, CPU, memory, storage, and count
- Compare cost estimates from Amazon EC2, Windows Azure, and Rackspace Cloud Servers
- Easily generate updated estimates as your virtualized infrastructure evolves
SolarWinds FREE VM Monitor
Your users don’t care if their apps are running on physical servers or in virtual environments – they just want great performance. That’s why you need our free VM Monitor – an easy-to-use desktop tool that continuously monitors a VMware® ESX Server and its virtual machines.
- Continuously monitor the health of an ESX Server, including CPU, memory utilization, number of machines configured and running, and more
- View detailed VM health statistics statistics including VM name, guest OS, and VM state, as well as processor, memory, and network usage
- Start monitoring within minutes of download using out-of-the-box settings
Although SolarWinds Free VM Monitor is not totally new tool, I thought it was worth mentioning in this post as many will find it interesting enough for a free tool.
SolarWinds Active Directory tools
SolarWinds Active Directory tools still can be helpful to manage users in a virtual Environment or even in the physical world.
This terrific trio of free tools makes it easier than ever to add and remove users and computers in Microsoft® Active Directory. Save time with Active Directory management tasks!
- Inactive User Account Removal Tool – Enables you to scan Active Directory and optionally remove users who have not logged in for a certain amount of time.
- Inactive Computer Account Removal Tool – Enables you to scan Active Directory and optionally remove computers that are over a certain number of days old.
- User Import Tool – Saves time by giving you the ability to create users in bulk, using a CSV file. You can even specify the attributes.
I hope each reader find one of these free tools useful.